Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My new white shoes and more.....

Last Saturday, i bought myself white ballet shoes and since then, I'm dressing in a way appropriate to include it in my 'look' (for the lack of word right now). So, today I'm in green and beige stripes skirt, black top and WHITE SHOES! now, you may think the colours are incompatible with each other but strangely, they fit fine! the bright white on my feet is making me happier than the pizza i had last night! and FYI a pizza really really makes me happy!

Then there is the cacophony of thoughts in my mind and i cannot comprehend any of them. Marketing-gym-blank-blank-love-gym-clothes-books-blank.....This was a small example i pulled out from there for you. So there is a lot, i am aware, and i have decided to let it settle down before i  start my analysis.

Barring the mind, the routine life is happy and easy. At work, stuff is simple and well, rare. As in, i rarely do the work i am being paid for. No! its not me! its just that there is only so much work! I am satisfied with it, however. I am learning at a slow pace which allows things to sink in deep (or so i think!) and i also get substantial time each day to explore what i am going to step into in sometime from now (how precise!).

I read up a lot on social media these days and there is so much out there about it. More on this later. Right now, I am more interested in just unfolding myself with this post.

While going through a friends blog, stumbled upon a blog which belongs to someone from my post grad college. I had limited interaction with her while we were arrested on our isolated hill top campus. Had been to her room just 2-3 times and i instantly took a liking to her then. i vividly remember this collage of her friends pictures she had up her wall. Her side of the room spoke a language i could not understand but relate to. She was 'my type' and i always gave her my warmest smiles.

But i never went beyond that, never initiated a talk or sat with her over breakfast/lunch/dinner. I concluded it would be rather weird, for her and me, if i did all this and expressed my inclination to her. So, i held myself back and gradually, she dissolved into 'others'. Only, today, this blog resurfaced the inexplicable familiarity.

The two years i spent there taught me a lot, to say the least. I do not wish to explain myself here. It was life changing. In both, good and bad ways. Period.

Digressing, I cleaned and sorted my cupboard over the weekend. I just cannot discard old clothes and books. It was tough and i still retained a few merely for memories sake. But now there in enough space for new things to come in. Metaphorically, a lesson in philosophy. Taken.


It is raining heavily these days and as i have said before on this blog, i love the sound of it. Yesterday, was drenched from head to toe and i walked to my house from station to enjoy the showers a little longer.

1 comment:

RB said...

It took me a while to figure who is this person in a quest to know herself, is Vinaya's friend, and was one of the few who felt positively about me on that hilltop. :)

So pleasantly surprised by those lines. I am assuming you wrote about me.

And now I know why I got that happy vibe from you. The smile was genuine. And I clearly remember mentioning to a friend that your smile is one of the warmest on campus. :)

Good to meet you in the blogosphere, as they call it!