Monday, July 12, 2010

Inspire : Influence

I fall into the category of easily influenced people and interestingly, what influences me inspires me (i am not sure if  this is the way for everyone but i know a few people for whom it is not). I've had several discussions on merits and demerits of this habit and yet, i am not sure whether it is a good or a bad thing and i do not really want to know any more because i am quiet enjoying dwelling on this ambiguity. One good thing is I find inspiration very easily if i am seeking one at all.

Like for this blog, my inspiration was a classmate of mine from my grad college. Zainab . I absolutely love her style of writing. Actually, I am not sure if there is one that she adheres to and this is perhaps the best part! I love her posts, her topics, her choice of words and usage, her thoughts and her ideas and how with such great ease she unfolds the layers of complex, entangled emotions. Her writing is very honest and humble and refreshing unlike a lot of others around. What i like about her blog is that it is all about her expressions and is not trying in any way to impress (somehow, i find that need to impress and get 'so many' followers with a lot of bloggers)e. I simply love reading her!

With me it is people who do this to me the most. I know it can adversely impact if it is not checked and kept within the limits but then i really cannot set a limit to this. How can i set a limit to my source of inspiration? i would like to get the maximum out of it? but having said this, i also realize that being inspired by someone from your own species and by, say nature for example, is very different. In the former, you run a risk of losing yourself in the quest to become like him/her. Got to be careful.

And so, even if in the English vocabulary, 'influence' and 'inspire' may not be interchangeable (or they maybe. i am not sure), in my life, i am sure they are. Interesting, isn't it, how we construct our own personal vocab!

An observation, a silly one perhaps that both 'inspire' and 'influence' begin from 'i' and in the end, somewhere i guess this is what is important! i !



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to say more than a thank you.