Monday, June 7, 2010

My June!

I love the month of June. I like the sound of the word June, I love the weather with which it adorns the earth, I love the many new beginnings it presents me with - new academic year, new weather, new uniforms and books, new subjects to learn, new opportunities, new friends, new chance to grow(my birthday falls on the 12th of this beautiful month!). And it is half way mark through a year!

More than the smell of the wet earth, i love the pitter-patter sound of the rains. It is rejuvenating and pumps me up with a lot of positivity. Whenever i can, i sit by the window in house with my feet extended outwards, tickling with the touch of small, innocent raindrops and although, i hate living cliches but a cup of coffee in this setting makes it Utopia. I love the dark clouds and the thundering lights and they make each room so cosy and comfortable. sometimes, my dad puts on classic old songs or even instrumentals and i enjoy them very differently during rains.

Rains always give me a strong sense of hope and life. It makes me want to extend myself to the world and offer it something new like June does. I have this one funny habit since my childhood. One of the many things i wish for my birthday every year is that it rains. its part of my 'showers of blessings'! and celebrating my birthday in my house with my people over good food and lots of cake and talks and with rains outside-thats it! that is my perfect birthday!

It rained substantially today and the weather is happy and light and cool. The sky was blush pink and the green leaves and flowers danced freely like celebrating the onset of the monsoon this year. I was tempted to go for a walk in the rain but the view from my window kept me hooked throughout the showers and i switched to retro on some music channel. :) and then after sometime i made tea and then i made the dinner! my mum hopes it rains good this season, you know why!

and so i have this sense of ownership over June and she never lets me down! I love her!

No comments: