Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sometimes
when patience is elusive
when luck is hard

when even words fail,
and smiles disappear

Sometimes
when the past shines brighter than the present or the future,
and there are more questions than answers

when silence is not serene,
when even music does not soothe

Sometimes
when nobody inspires,
and I see no friends

when looking within becomes difficult
when my eyes to me speak the honest truth

Sometimes
when the darkness of the night sky attracts more than the twinkling stars,
and I scream to be alone but all I want is for someone to hold me tight

when it is difficult to locate the cacophony - is it the heart or the mind,
and I wish to turn numb to feel not emotions any more

Sometimes 
when new beginnings become desirable but impossible,
when fiction seems better than reality

when I can dream no more,
and I can love no more

I ask myself what did I do.
How did I make my life like this. 

But no answers come forth
Only silence stares back



No comments: